Frequently Asked Questions
In preparation for Invictus Games 2016 Family Program, competitors are invited to bring two family members to share in their journey at no cost to them upon arrival. The FAQs below will help clarify any questions as it pertains to the Family Program benefits:
1. What benefits will family members receive at Invictus Games 2016?
A: Family benefits:
Transportation will be provided to, from, and between the following locations:
• Orlando International Airport (MCO)
• Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
• ESPN Wide World of Sports (Competition Venue)
• Disney Parks and Special Event Locations
Lodging will be provided to sponsored family members at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort with an arrival of Friday May 6 and a departure of Saturday May 14, 2016; one room will be shared by two family members.
Daily Meals – Breakfast to be provided at hotel. Vouchers will be provided to be used at different locations for lunch, and dinner.
Invictus Games Gear – Invictus Games gear and swag.
Event Passes – will be provided for competitions and special events; you will also receive a 4-Day Park Hopper Pass to the Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks.
2. Will Invictus Games 2016 provide round trip airline tickets to and from Orlando, FL?
A: No. Round trip airlines tickets to and from Orlando, FL are the responsibility of the family members.
3. Where do athletic events take place?
4. Can I buy food and drinks at Invictus Games events?
A: Yes. All meals will be provided to sponsored family members, additional food and drinks will be available for purchase at Invictus Games events.
5. Where can I access FAQs & Maps for Invictus Games?
A: FAQs and Maps for the Invictus Games Orlando 2016 will be available shortly.
6. In the event that an athlete has one or no family members attending the event, can his/her unused allotted family spaces be
transferred to another athlete attending the event?
A: No. Allotted family spaces are non-transferrable and cannot be used by another athlete to invite more than his/her two allotted family member spaces.
7. Can participating competitors invite more than the two allotted family members?
A: Yes. Competitors are welcome to invite more than the two allotted family members. The cost of family members beyond the two allotted spaces will be the responsibility of the athlete and/or his/her family member. Non-sponsored family members must organize their travel arrangements and other attendance details.
8. What benefits can additional family members beyond the two allotted spaces expect?
A: Additional family members are allowed to room with the two allotted families at no cost. Room occupancy allows for four (4) guests total for the entire stay. Transportation to and from events will also be provided for additional guests.
9. What benefits will not be provided to additional family members?
A: Additional family members beyond the two allotted spaces will not be provided Daily Meals, Uniform Kits (e.g. shirt, backpack, etc.) and Event Passes and 4-Day Park Hopper Passes to the Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks. Additional family members will be responsible for all other incurred cost during the week of the event. Additional family members will not be allowed to attend events that are deemed by invitation only (i.e. Family Welcome Reception).
10. What is the age limit at which children count towards the number of allotted family spots?
A: Children under the age of two (2) do not count towards the allotted two spots for family members and do not require tickets for sporting events, Opening, Closing, and Medal Ceremonies. Children under the age of two (2) must sit on parent’s lap during the seated events.
11. Can additional family members purchase tickets for sporting events, Opening, Closing and Medal Ceremonies?
A: Yes. Additional family members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets on the official Invictus Games 2016 website. Tickets will be offered on a first-come first-serve basis and should be purchased in advance. Athlete and Family Welcome Reception will be an invitation-only event and tickets cannot be purchased.
12. Will sponsored family members have assigned seats at Invictus Games events?
A: Yes. There will be a designated area for families of participating competitors at each sporting venue. To enter this area, family members will be required to show specific credentials assigned to them upon arrival to the Games. Athlete and Family Welcome Reception will be an invitation-only event and tickets cannot be purchased.
13. Can family members arrive early and check-out later than the scheduled dates of arrival and departure at Disney’s Coronado
A: Yes. Families will be given the opportunity to extend their stay at their own incurred cost. Details on how to extend their stay will follow on Family Welcome Packet at a later date.
14. How do I purchase official Invictus Games Merchandise?
A: To purchase official Invictus Games merchandise, please check back shortly.
15. What is the registration deadline?
A: Family Program registration deadline is February 2016.
16. Who are the Family Program Points of Contact?
A: Invictus Games Family Program
• Tish Stropes – Family Program Director
• Marcela Appelhanz – Family Program Deputy Director
Please email email@example.com
A: Family Program point of contact direct email address by nation:
To download printer-ready pdf files, please check back shortly.
For more information on Invictus Games 2016 Family Program, please visit the Family Program Webpage.